Friday, January 22, 2010

Reunited and it feels so good!

If I live to be one thousand years old it would not be enough time to properly thank everyone and to show the depth of my appreciation and the extent of my gratitude.  To all the kind-hearted, compassionate and caring people out there who helped bring Spot home, thank you from the bottom of my heart, without all of you there would've been a very different end to this story. 

My "million-dollar dog" is ecstatically happy to be home and just as happy to be back in the paws of his big brother Rainer.  I'm not sure who got more kisses from Spot, me or Rainer.


Was at the vet this morning and am pleased to report that Spot was given a clean bill of health.  I had to go to work but left Spot at home with a full belly and cuddled up under the covers with Rainer.

So many people called and helped and exhibited random acts of kindness to me and Spot.  I have many, many thank you's to extend but on this initial posting I have to thank Nancy, Nadene and Donna as the architects and foundation of this rescue. Their effort and dedication was so strong you would've thought Spot was their dog. 

Jennifer was unflagging on the crucial rescue day (yesterday, Thurs) and Christine was out fliering her butt off when I needed that help the most. 

My long-time and very dear friend Tracey was amazing and came from an hour away to put her time and energy into the search all day and into the evening on Monday, 1/15. 

My new friend Diana and her three truly incredible little girls; Addison, Maeve & Reece - they were key to what transpired on rescue day.  Diana's kids are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside and believe me, that is saying something!  Let me tell you, Addison, Maeve and Reece won the Mom Lotto having Diana as their mom.  It's easy to see where these kids got their huge hearts and loving spirit. 

Speaking of new friends, Ron and Kelly are both angels that flew into my life on rescue day.  Driving me and Rainer around as we were desperately seeking Spot, Ron walking for hours in the cold with his stunningly beautiful (and well-dressed) Italian greyhound, Kelly bringing me a most delicious sandwich, water, bowls, dog-food and even napkins and the offer of using her place for bathroom breaks, a cup of hot coffee and somewhere to get warm. 

My neighbor Sue, running errands, helping in every way she could. 

And of course, Rob, another old friend, who worked so hard and smart to get our furry boy back home. 

Last but by no mean least, Trackers Laura Totis and Chewie (http://www.ljttraining.com/); so diligent, so hard working, so very good (they came out to track Spot twice) and the incredibly impressive Sam and Salsa (http://www.puregoldpettrackers.com/) who made January 21st rescue day instead of Thursday.

I have much more to write and tell everyone but they keeping asking me to do work at my work - weird. Gotta keep the kibble coming in.  I'll leave you for the moment with a reiteration of the invite to come to my "Welcome Home Spot" party on Saturday night.  I'm throwing this soiree together very last minute and it will be uber casual but we need to celebrate!  Come one, come all and meet the fruit of your labor, Spot.  Please do come, even if you were just following the blog, I want to meet and thank everyone!!!

See you all tomorrow night!

Marianne

No comments: