Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dog people know how to party!

Hello everyone!

The party was wonderful and we had a terrific turnout.  Thank you all for coming and bringing so many fun and delicious treats for Spot and Rainer - it was like Christmas came to our house twice this year!

For all those that could not make it, you were missed but no worries because I do believe this shindig is going to become an annual event in the Rosato household.

I really want to give everyone more details on the party but when I try to reach back to recall the specifics of Saturday night it's a blur.  In retrospect I realize I underestimated the effects of my sleep deficit and was on overload with happiness.  All I remember was having a blast and the feeling of  joy while celebrating Spot's homecoming with new friends and old. 

Oh yes, there is one detail that stood out; Spot's feet did not touch the ground for a good hour and a half as he was held, cuddled, petted and lovingly passed around to his many rescuers and friends.

It's particularly funny when I think back to the defensive, frightened little dog that barked and ran miles from everyone that attempted to help him.  The Spot you all saved melted like butter into the arms of all of the huge-hearted heros and heroines at Saturday's party.

One final administrative note; I have been taking down "Lost Dog Spot" flyers like crazy but if anyone sees one would you please rip it down, if you are able to do so?  Thank you!

If I don't see you before, see you January 21, 2011 for the annual "Welcome Home Spot" gathering and be ready to party like a big dog! :)


Marianne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey guys I am so happy for you! I was the lady with the big shaggy yorkie walking around the Park @ Arlington Ridge. I looked for Spot for hours after talking to the lady with the chicken. I still had the lost dog "Spot" business card on my table and I had to find out if he was home. Again, I know what it's like to lose a pet and I am just thrilled that Spot is back home where he belongs. We might see u at the 4 mile run dog park when it gets warm; if it ever does!